This section shares PDF documents used in presentations and our work with schools. All documents can be found on our SlideShare Account.
Collaborative Response Model
- Collaborative Response Model Overview
- A one-page visual overview and comparison matrix for the Collaborative Response Model
- Collaborative Response Model – Action Plan
- An action planning templates to use for leaders or school teams to determine next steps in establishing a collaborative response model in schools
- Bibliography – Anchor Resources
- List of anchor resources fundamental to the development of a Collaborative Response Model.
- Essential Cultural Shifts Analysis – Survey
- Survey tool to use with staff teams, identifying cultural shifts that staff belief in versus their current reality in the school
- Essential Cultural Shifts – Change Index
- A reflection tool for leaders to consider minor to major shifts for their school to move from a traditional culture to one responsive to the needs of students
- Next Steps to Respond to Students’ Literacy Needs
- Tool for teams and school staff to reflect upon fundamental next steps when developing a school-wide response to the literacy needs of students.
- Refection on School-Wide Student Transitions
- A perception collection tool to use with staff teams, identifying features of a proactive response identifying students in need of support.
Collaborative Team Meetings
- Essential Elements Rubric – Collaborative Team Meetings
- Self-assessment rubric to determine current realities and next steps for collaborative team meeting structures in schools
- Embedding Time for Collaboration
- Organizer for staff team conversations, examining current and possible ways to embed time in schedules/calendars for collaboration
- Collaborative Team Meeting Record Template
- PDF version of a CTM record template, to record discussion and decisions from a collaborative team meeting
- Sample Collaborative Team Meeting Record
- Sample team meeting record from a grade three meeting, focusing upon student reading.
- Student Scoreboard Visual
- Picture of a sample Student Scoreboard, used to guide discussion of students in a collaborative team meeting
- Student Card Template
- Student card template for Student Scoreboards, with the ability to show progress from Kindergarten to grade six
- Team Norms Template
- Template for establishing team norms for collaborative team meetings (or other purposes in your professional learning community)
- Team Norms Sample – Grade One Collaborative Team Meeting
- Sample set of team norms for a grade one team (specifically establishing norms for a collaborative team meeting)
- Establishing Team Norms Process
- Resource for school leaders, describing a process for establishing team norms, with link to a video describing the process
- Collaborative Team Meeting Cycle
- An overview of the Collaborative Team Meeting Cycle, illustrating the work of grade-level teams on the weeks between regularly scheduled Collaborative Team Meetings.
- Essential Elements Rubric – Assessments
- Self-assessment rubric to determine current realities and next steps for establishing benchmark and progress monitoring assessments in schools
- Examining Common Assessments Template
- Template to assist schools when considering common assessments (benchmark and progress monitoring) for school-wide implementation
- Criteria and Considerations for Benchmark Assessments
- Things to consider when determining benchmark assessments in a school or district, as an essential element of a Collaborative Response Model.
- Assessment Planning Template
- Template to assist schools in planning for benchmark, diagnostic and progress monitoring assessments
Pyramid of Interventions
- Essential Elements Rubric – Pyramid of Interventions
- Self-assessment rubric to determine current realities and next steps for developing and refining a pyramid of interventions in schools
- Four Tier Intervention Pyramid
- An explanation of the Four Tier Intervention Pyramid, central to responding to student needs in a Collaborative Response Model.
- Intervention Description – Template
- Template to assist schools in articulating interventions and identifying which tier they are associated within the Pyramid of Interventions.
- Intervention Description – Alternatives Program (behavior sample)
- A sample Intervention Description related to behavior
- Tiers 2-4 Posters
- Posters highlighting the basic concepts of Tiers 2, 3 and 4
- Student Intervention Record – Template
- Template to record strategies, accommodations and interventions established for a student
- Examining Intervention Strategies – Template
- Template to examine possible school-wide interventions already in place or to be considered.
Team Planning Resources
- Data Review and Team Goal Template
- A template to be used by teams (grade-level or division-level teams) to analyze student learning data, develop a team SMART goal and begin thinking of priorities (or strategies) to achieve that goal.
- SMART Goal Checklist
- Checklist to support teams when developing a team SMART goal.
- Team Priorities and Actions Template
- A template to be used by teams (grade-level or division-level teams) to establish priorities and actions related to the team SMART goal.
- Team Meeting Notes
- Template for recording minutes at team meetings, including space for team priorities and norms (for regular review and reminders).
- 3 C Chart – Celebrations, Considerations, Coming Up
- Graphic organizer to assist in identifying celebrations, considerations and coming up at schools
- Hewson, K. (2015). From My Students to Our Students: Collective Responsibility of Students and Teacher Efficacy.The Canadian Journal for Teachers’ Research, 2(1).
- Hewson, K. & Adrian, L. (2014). Reframing the puzzle: Collaborating for multi-literacy instruction. The Canadian Journal for Teachers’ Research, 1(1).
- Hewson, K. & Parson, J. (2013, June). The children in the numbers: Why aggregate achievement goals miss the mark. Education Canada, 53(3), 9-11.
- Hewson, K. and Adrian, L. (2013, January). Establishing a collaborative response model: Structures and processes to support inclusion. The Special Educator, 42(3), 20-22.
- Hewson, K and Adrian, L. (2008, October). Reaching the forgotten 10 percent. Educational Leadership, 66(2), 75-76.
- Hewson, K and Adrian, L. (2008, September/October). Action planning: Rowing in the same direction. Principal, 88(1), 48-51.
- Adrian, L and Hewson, K. (2007, Fall/Winter). Facilitating change in successful schools: One school’s journey to improve student reading levels. Query, 37(1), 5-10.